Sunday, May 24, 2009

The good ones

There is an older couple at church that have become part of our family. Micah loves them and so do we. They have a granddaughter just a little older than Micah. Last year Micah went over to their house once a week to play and it was the highlight of her week.

So while we were at church tonight Micah threw a fit. She was down by her cousin and started to back up when I reached for her. I grabbed her dress, then picked her up and went to the nursery. We came back in later and I was embarrassed because of the way I got her and because of the way she was acting.

When church was over she came up to me and reminded me that I have to cherish this time because it won't last forever and that I am a good mother. She was comforting ME. She was making ME feel better. She lost her grandson three weeks ago. I should be doing those things for her but it was the other way around. These people have helped us out in so many ways. They are always encouraging us and are such Godly examples for us. I am very thankful to them for all they have done for us.

There are still good ones out there.

1 comment:

Barry and Amy said...

I'm so sorry for their loss. Sounds like they are wonderful people!